Error:too many connections open

        I have installed,compiled and configured ircd.It works as long
as there is only one connection but gives an error "Too many connection
open" if more than one user on the same server tries to connect to
it.But when I set the MAX LINKS  # in config.h it works as long as the #
satisfies the no. of users.I have put a comment on the Y-lines  in
ircd.conf just for testing.What does the <class no.> mean in the Y-line
in ircd.conf..Is the above error related to the Y-line.