Re: iauth problems

On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 01:03:49PM +0200, Hanno Foest wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it's been some time already, but I thought I'd let you know anyway...
>
> [...]
> > No. All I can think of is that you didn't upgrade iauth with ircd. If you
> > recompile ircd for wathever reason, you should also upgrade iauth.
>
> Indeed I didn't. I just changed MAXCONNECTIONS, so I didn't think it's
> necessary to upgrade iauth, too... I've fixed my installation now.

You're not the first to make that mistake. Both ircd and iauth use that
value. If you get a connection higher the the MAXCONNECTIONS iauth was
compiled with, it will do weird things. We added an extra check *after*
the release of 2.10.3p1 which will send a notice to &auth that you should
recompile iauth. 2.10.3p1 doesn't do that check, and may react differently
depending on the OS. It should crash.

Kurt