Re: Most recent version of the FAQ?

>>>>> "Kurt" == Kurt Roeckx <Q@xxxxxxx> writes:

Jack> * how do iauth and mod_passwd work together to authenticate
Jack> access to an ircd?

Kurt> Afaik, mod_passwd doesn't really work yet, it's more something
Kurt> to demostrate how it should be done.

Mmmm.  So if I write my own widget to fit inside that obvious
commented area, I should be fine...

Kurt> iauth will call mod_passwd (passwd_start() ?), and depeding on
Kurt> the return value iauth knows that it isn't finished yet, and
Kurt> will call it again later.

I'm looking for a real simple table lookup situation, and it's my home
that the user won't be able to do anything on my ircd if it hasn't
authenticated.  Is this unreasonable?

Kurt> The module can reject clients, by sending it to ircd, and then
Kurt> make iauth stop authenticate it, by setting an option on the
Kurt> client data.

Ooooh.  I'd love to see a simple functional example.

Kurt> It's just the same like all other modules in iauth work.

See, this helps me not.  The docs weren't too useful for me,
unfortunately.

Jack> * what known security holes exist in ircd 2.10.3?
Kurt> There are no known security holes.

Great.  What's the process when one comes up?  Do you guys notify the
list when the problem's reported, when it's verified, when it's fixed,
anything like that?

Jack> * what sort of watchdog techniques are recommended to maximize
Jack> availability of services and bots?
Kurt> You could use some simple script that runs from crontab or
Kurt> something, or some simple program like ircdwatch.

I'd planned on something like ircdwatch.  Thanks.

Kurt> Kurt

Jack.
--
Jack Twilley