Re: STARTTLS and ircd

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, Helmut Springer wrote:

> hi,
>
> > ... At any point during the connection. A fallback to a non-secure
> > connection is not possible.
> why not adding a flag to allow/deny a fallback allowing to make TLS
> optional?

TLS already is optional via the command. I liked to say that I see no
real need for going back to a non-secure connection (if one already
moved to a secure connection). Do you think there is? If so, we might
change STLS (like POP3 uses) to STARTTLS (like SMTP uses) and STOPTLS
(like noone yet used). Is that what you mean about it?

Engerim