Re: gac experiment

Christophe Kalt says:

> On Feb 02, Diane Bruce wrote:
> |   TimeStamp and Nick Delay/Channel Delay have both been dismal failures.
>
> i don't know about TS, but the Delay stuff hasn't been a
> failure, as long as one remembers the goal.
> They've both dramatically improved things, buying us time to
> do better.  This is pretty good, especially considering how
> simple they were to put in place.

  I think they've both been failures for different reasons.

  Without DoS, TS and CD/ND did some good.. You know my long term
standing on this. The combination would have been twice as effective.
Oh well.

  The fact is, neither TS or CD/ND prevent nick collides or channel
takeovers. Thats why I boldly stated they both were dismal failures.

> i don't think they were ever presented as an ultimate solution.

  We work towards it. ;-)

--
Diane Bruce, http://www.db.net/~db  http://www.db.net email db@xxxxxx
--- I wonder how many people know what an aphorism is.