Re: deny message from iauth

On Jan 26, Frank Altpeter wrote:
| Since i have installed 2.10 with iauth, i am getting more and more
| questions from users that don't understand why they cannot use my server
| anymore. In every case, they complain about the message 'denied access'
| that they do not understand and which means that they have failed the
| iauth socks check.

It is a generic message and will remain so as there is no
way to have iauth convey a message to the ircd for the time
when ircd will disconnect the client.
(You have to keep in mind that iauth provide an easy way to
add other modules which may deny access as well)

| So my question: Can someone change this user message in the future
| releases to something 'more understandable' ?  It's very annoying
| to answer the same to everyone only because the deny message is
| telling them absolutely nothing.

it's telling them that they are not allowed to connect to the
server.  There was a time K lines were only using a generic
message as well.

If this is such an issue, then it shows that changing K lines
behaviour was a mistake: instead one should have written a
few scripts to help manage the ircd.conf and at the same time
generate web pages users can refer to find out why they cannot
access the server.