Banning a server

Hi there,

again I had a strange idea when looking at the possible modes
for channels. This one is regarded to ban a whole server/mask
from a specific channel, like:
/mode #ircd +b :*.de

Well, ircII currently made it
*** Mode change "+b *.de!*@*" on channel #ircd by Engerim

Whats the need of this?
Well, if you dont like people from a specific server on your
channel this would fix it. The problem is for example if you
have a channel on stealth.net and you like to have this only
for users from the US (cause some germans e.g. are always
disturbing you) you really wont like to create a channel
#mychan:*.net . And &channel would suck cause its local again.
Or is there any other possibility to do this?

US Servers on ircnet dont have .us hostnames, so US people can't
use the #mychannel:*.us feature.
Problems I see with a mode +b *:domain :
+ What happens on a netjoin to it?
+ What happens if you ban yourself

Maybe this can be work arounded by users can join this channel
normally, but, (like 2.10.x does) can't talk on this channel.

Any ideas about this? Or: how to create a US-server-only channel?

Greets,
Engerim