Re: !channels

On Mon, Jan 18, 1999 at 08:21:30PM +0100, mc@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, Stefan `Sec` Zehl wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jan 18, 1999 at 10:00:53AM -0500, Christophe Kalt wrote:
> > > #1: should /join !foo fail if there are several !<ID>foo's ?
> > >     (for consistency with most commands? see below.  But i
> > >      think /join is an exception)
> > I thik it should join the one which exists longest. (locally on this
> > server). This would (IMHO) usually be that what the user wants.
>
> This would need TS, what ircnet doesnt have until yet.

No. If an !channel is created, just check if it is the first one
locally. If so, giv it the 'preferred join' flag. No TS needed.

> Well, it should be supported by the clients, because this makes it easiier
> for syrk AND the users ;)

I don't want to make life miserable for syrk. But i think this is the
only way to get the users to move over :)

CU,
    Sec
--
CUSTOMER: "I'm running Windows '95."       > TECH: "Yes."
CUSTOMER: "My computer isn't working now." > TECH: "Yes, you already said that."