Re: Anti-collide patch

-> > nope; colliders usually use 2 clients one on directly this server which
-> > watches for your nickchanges and another one on lagged server (one-way lag)
-> > which changes nicknames.

-> yeah but suppose the watcher sits on a lagged server A and the kick is
-> issued at server B somewhere on the net, and after that, the watcher
-> changes nickname, so server A will reply 'No such nick/channel' or
-> something in this fashion when the lag goes off. he still receives all
-> nick changes, even channel messages, but people on the net arent able to
-> see him (because from their perspective, he was kicked off). (this really
-> happened to me once :) )

you mix up two independent things; if you kick a user, and the user changes
nick, the kick (and kill too) is being traced in nick history. so the lag
doesn't matter;

the problem you describe is, he desync'ed your channel and while you kicked
him on your side of the net, you didn't do it on his server (cause he
deopped you).

and while we are talking about FNC - i still thnk just FNC would bring chaos
and much trafic to our net. maybe changing nicks to some which start by
number, but first ALL servers must accept such nicks and then we can start
to use it;

my recommendations for next ircd versions (i know syrk likes me):

add FNC patch to servers which want to test them, and make servers accept
nicks started by number (not to use them);

then, we can see if FNC helps, if it makes chaos, and decide what will be
next (forget FNC, try to use nicks starting with numbers...)
--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, sysadmin at Telenor Internet Kosice, Slovakia
 BIC coord for *.sk; admin of netlab.irc.sk; co-admin of irc.felk.cvut.cz