Re: Anti-collide patch

-> > I know. This way a channel cannot be taken over, but it'll be a totally
-> > useless channel. But I could also think about a script to defend against
-> > this approach: It notices a collide and after the channel rejoin it
-> > kicks out all non-channel ops and sets the channel +i. So it's
-> > impossible for the attacker to find out the new nick after the next
-> > collide.

-> this wouldnt be any use because the attacker sits on lagged server, which
-> doesnt get the kick.

nope; colliders usually use 2 clients one on directly this server which
watches for your nickchanges and another one on lagged server (one-way lag)
which changes nicknames.
--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, sysadmin at Telenor Internet Kosice, Slovakia
 BIC coord for *.sk; admin of netlab.irc.sk; co-admin of irc.felk.cvut.cz