Re: "Virtual host" support?

On Mon, Apr 27, 1998 at 08:23:22PM +0800, Alex N. Ibrado wrote:

> Is there something analogous to httpd's virtual hosts
> in ircd? I have a site design/hosting company and some
> of our clients would like to have an irc server local
> to their site. Instead of having to run a separate
> ircd on either a) a different IP address or b) on a
> non-standard (6667+) port, it would be nice if
> somehow, for each "virtual irc server", a single
> instance of ircd would

Check out http://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/howto/Virtual-Services-HOWTO

Since ircd can be run through inetd,maybe the solution that the specific
document suggests can accomodate your needs.

I'm also working on that solution for the telnet and ftp standard services,
can't say it's as easy as it sounds. :->

Hope I helped...

Cheers,

George Daflids-Kotsis.

--