ircd on either a) a different IP address or b) on a
non-standard (6667+) port, it would be nice if
somehow, for each "virtual irc server", a single
instance of ircd would

1. take a look at the server parameter in USER
2. show the appropriate MOTD
3. list only the channels created in the virtual
server

#3 might a bit hard to implement, as we would have to
take into consideration channels with the same name
across virtual servers. A workaround would be to tag
the channel names somehow, e.g. actual channel name is
"#acmehostnet_channel", but it shows up as "#channel"
on a LIST on irc.acmehost.net

OR, just spawn...?

Anyway, even just #2 would be ok. In fact, unless it's
already been done before, I'll try to code
something... If anyone is doing work along these
lines, please send direct mailto:ajni@xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks!

Regards,
Alex