Re: IRC and FreeBSD

On Apr 27, Lee McLaren wrote:
| I am trying to comple IRC 2.9.5 on FreeBSD 2.2.5.
| Configure seems to run fine but when I change to
| i386-unknown-freebsd2.2.5 and "make" (without changing config.h)  is
| compiles until it gets to irc.o and the fails at the following point:
[..]
| Any sugestions? I have tried the previous version (.4) and get the same
| error.

this is a problem with the client only, the server probably
compiles fine (try make server)
anyway, the problem has to do with the n/curses or termcap
library used.

one of the following options to configure should fix it, I think:

  --without-ncurses       does not look for ncurses library, will not use it
  --without-cursesX       does not look for cursesX library, will not use it
  --without-curses        does not look for curses library, will not use it
  --without-termcap       does not look for termcap library, will not use it