ircd2.9.5 and poll()

Hi,

recently I compiled and started ircd2.9.5 on a HP9000/735 with HP-UX
10.20 installed. HP-UX has a bug in select() where a very busy port is
locked for a specific time so that no new users can connect. At our
server this happens with 300-350 connections at port 6667. Then the port
is blocked even if the connections drop down to 150-200 users.
This blocking also occurs at a lower connection count if the connect
frequency is very high. After 1-2 hours the server accepts new
connections.
Ok, that was just for your information. I don't think anyone has a
solution for this problem, I've already asked dozens of people.

To get a solution I compiled the ircd with USE_POLL and it worked quite
well until I noticed that the ident lookup didn't work.
I checked all connections and from 300 users there were only about 5
with correct ident authentification, all the others had a ~loginname.
I traced the ident-daemon on a client and it got an ident request, it
also sent the answer but the server didn't use it.
USE_POLL works well on other OS, e.g. AIX. I checked the code but I
cannot find anything which could cause this problem.
Any ideas? Many thanks!
Bye
   Joern
guenthi@xxxxxxxxx                                     Guenthi@IRCNet