Re: invites

On 23 Mar 1998, Kaspar Landsberg wrote:

> Hello,

> you (Christophe Kalt) wrote:

> | right now, /invite only overrides +i mode,
> | I'm thinking of having it override +b and +l modes as well,
> | when issued by a channel operator.

> | comments?

> making it override +b will drive some script/bot coders mad whose scripts/
> bots are (until then probably) checking for bans on join (and kick banned
> users). [Because until then you can be sure that a banned user joining a
> channel is evading his ban.]

I agree.. It makes it quite difficult to see if someone is just
evading bans (with a split or so) or was invited to the channel by a
chanop.

> But well, the benefit of making it the proposed way should be greater than
> this little 'problem'. So go for it. :)

Hmm. I wonder if I am the only one with the opinion of not making it
override +b. But overriding +l/k would imho make sense. What do people
think about the +k overriding? Do you think it comes naturally with the
overriding of +b or that it shouldn't override +k ..or ?

- Ville/viha@xxxxxx