Re: unique IDs (Re: TS (Re: RFC: OP cheating))

On Wed, Mar 18, 1998 at 08:10:46AM -0500, Christophe Kalt wrote:
> Undernet did it the easy way by assigning an ID to each
> server.  It looks nice for routing (even tho I doubt there's
> that much to win), but makes it annoying to link a new
> server as you need a unique ID assigned.

Make ID this way: BBSSSCCCCC, where B is unique BIC BODY number,
SSS is server number assigned by BIC coordinator for each server in BB
and CCCCC is unique client number for server.

Anyway, if we're going to change protocol, that needs more thinking, as
we might try to use such handles to prevent from nick collissions. Just
and idea, though.

Piotr/Beeth@xxxxxx