unique IDs (Re: TS (Re: RFC: OP cheating))

On Mar 17, Chris Behrens wrote:
| Better solution: unique IDs per client...no one will ever get a message
| bound for anyone else, ever, whether it be a /mode, /msg, etc..

it's not only better, it's _the_ solution, which I expected
to be mentionned earlier.

| Undernet already does this...EFnet will at some point...

Undernet did it the easy way by assigning an ID to each
server.  It looks nice for routing (even tho I doubt there's
that much to win), but makes it annoying to link a new
server as you need a unique ID assigned.

How's EFnet going to do it? TS4?
I'd like to see the proof, or something more than just the
claim that statistically ID collisions will be very rare.