Re: RFC: OP cheating

>But I think it'd be a great idea if on the third/fourth/fifth nick change
>within a minute (or some such period) the client was given a notice and
>set +r(estricted).
+r is a bit drastic, don't you think so? I mean, someone might legimitetly
change his nick a few times, and suddenly be +r :]
Better would be either a temporary +r (like, MODE nick :+r nick and after 3
minutes MODE nick :-r nick), since it will stop nickflooders, and won't
hurt "accidently" nick"flooders" much ....
Besides, speaking of those "attack-types", lately there was alot of
collide kills using lagged servers. The ircd2.9.* usage of "temporarily
not available" to prevent that type of attack doesn't help here.
In short, all the "attacker" does is connecting to server A (near the
victim), and to server B (across the net and lagged), and when the victim
changes nick, the client on server B changes to the same, and *boom* :)
A single change would help here, namely the adding of timestamps on nicks,
and then we could add them on channels etc. as well. Just an idea, though.
	-forcer

--
/* Never make any mistaeks.                                               */
/* email: forcer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -><- www: http://www.forcer.base.org/  */