Re: resolvable clients matching numerical I/i:-lines

On Mon, 13 Oct 1997, Alain Nissen wrote:

> Chris Behrens wrote :
>
> > Some people use this as a feature to force certain clients to
> > not resolve...
>
> I really don't understand why forcing user@IP instead of user@host could
> be interesting.  If you think about bots that knows people only yb their
> hostmask, it's not true, numerous bots performs reverses DNS lookups on
> users where IP is printed instead of hostnames.

I just gave an example for another list...don't really feel like copying
it over here...  I will never personally use this as a feature...but
I know someone else who does.  I agree that "your way" is more useful...
that is why I would like to see some way to be able to flag an IP in
the I: line as "always force this to resolve if matched".

- Chris

--
Chris Behrens
Software Engineer