Re: resolvable clients matching numerical I/i:-lines

Helmut Springer wrote:

> many admins I:-lined whole ip-blocks of big local providers since it's
> much work to keep up to date with all the new *.net and *.com
> appearing.

I agree with you. Checking all reverse DNS entries for a large IP range
(256 * 256 addresses for example) to be I-lined is a hard task for an
admin; moreover this work has to be done periodically.

Moreover, changing user@IP to user@host would be consistent with the
previous changes about K-lines and channel-bans, I think.

Chris Behrens wrote :

> Some people use this as a feature to force certain clients to
> not resolve...

I really don't understand why forcing user@IP instead of user@host could
be interesting.  If you think about bots that knows people only yb their
hostmask, it's not true, numerous bots performs reverses DNS lookups on
users where IP is printed instead of hostnames.

Alain