Re: ircd with Sparc Ultra and Solaris

Hi!

> you say "small network" which makes me think there shouldn't
> be any memory/cpu/load related problem.

The irc network has 5 Servers and 20-70 users.

> when you edited the config.h file, did you change any of the
> defaults?  which ones?
> (in particular, check how HUB is defined)

OK... I enabled NOTE, defined NO_DEFAULT_INVISIBLE, some operator
privileges, CRYPT_OPER_PASSWORD and defined DELAYCHASETIMELIMIT 10.
Nothing critical IMHO. HUB is defined to 0.

> connects usually take some time while DNS and ident lookups
> are performed.  how long do they take for you?

No noticeable delays for DNS lookups. I remember that the server locked
up periodically during connection attempts when the name servers of a
irc server I was linking to died, but this has been a long time ago.

Hanno