Re: A Idea for a new version.

> possible or not.. It is a new channel mode I'm just gonna name it the "a"
> mode.. It would be oppsite to the "b" mode.. This would allow a hostmask
> into the channel.. So you could do something like:
> MODE <#channel> +b *!*@*.ml.org
> MODE <#channel> +a *!*@ins.ml.org

It's not a bad idea, but it's not a new idea either.

Why it hasn't been done can be covered by primary goals of 2.9.2:
* save memory
* save bandwidth
* save cpu cycles

Most of the new ideas/features would waste extra resources,
and that's why it's hard to import anything new.

But I'd like to encourage you to code that 'allow' feature
and then send the diffs in. If you code it cleanly enough,
maybe people want it more than they are afraid of the extra
expenses on resources.
--
<A HREF="http://www.lut.fi/~ruokonen/";> Vesa.Ruokonen@xxxxxx </A>