Re: 2.9.2 lag?

> I've recently upgraded our old version of ircd (at least 3 years old) to
> the newest version (2.9.2) and now we're experiencing a few problems.
>
> We're running on BSD3.0, and now it seems everyone has at least a 2 to 3
> second lag.  This is on a intranet IRC server, and only has clients

I guess you see that 2 second delay by pinging yourself.
The 292 is optimised for networking, traffic for user talking
to himself is disoptimized. :)
If you don't link many (1+) servers, you should #define HUB
for optimal performance.

> It seems that this version does some 'auto-tuning', but I dunno if it's
> been doing it very well.  Every user has a few second lag, even if I log

The auto-tuning has nothing to do with performance as per
response times. Tuning is used for memory optimization on server
restart.
--
<A HREF="http://www.lut.fi/~ruokonen/";> Vesa.Ruokonen@xxxxxx </A>