Re: Anti-Nick-Flood (ANF) patch

On Apr 10, Kaspar Landsberg wrote:
| | It was removed when the penatly system from Yegg was added
| | to the server.
|
| yet nick flooding is still possible. _At least_ with some clones that are
| changing its nicks a few times or so... (== i don't consider the penalty
| system to be effective enough against nick-floods).

if you are able to load enough clones to make nick-flood a
problem, you are equally able to flood in other ways (ctcp
for example). (your patch doesn't fix the real cause of the
problem)

| PS I don't see any reason why anyone should be allowed to change his/her
|    nick up to three times within a few seconds. It only causes traffic.
|    And 3 changes per 30 secs doesn't seem enough effective for me to
|    prevent nick-flooding from clones... but anyway.. :)

because it is user friendly. (for what this argument is
worth). just remember, one of the major complaint against ND
was that it was impossible to change nick, and switch back
to the old nick. (..)

Christophe