Re: Anti-Nick-Flood (ANF) patch

Hi,

you (Christophe Kalt) wrote:

| It was removed when the penatly system from Yegg was added
| to the server.

yet nick flooding is still possible. _At least_ with some clones that are
changing its nicks a few times or so... (== i don't consider the penalty
system to be effective enough against nick-floods).

| I didn't test the diff sent, but it looks like it'd work.
| The `last_changed' field which is added contains data which
| can be found somewhere else (uwas?) and thus consume extra
| memory for nothing.

I'll check this out and add the appropriate changes...

Bye, Kasi

PS I don't see any reason why anyone should be allowed to change his/her
   nick up to three times within a few seconds. It only causes traffic.
   And 3 changes per 30 secs doesn't seem enough effective for me to
   prevent nick-flooding from clones... but anyway.. :)

--
Kaspar Landsberg, <kl@xxxxxxxxxxx>