Re: Anti-Nick-Flood (ANF) patch

re,

you (Christophe Kalt) wrote:

| if you are able to load enough clones to make nick-flood a
| problem, you are equally able to flood in other ways (ctcp
| for example). (your patch doesn't fix the real cause of the
| problem)

yes, agreed. The patch does only fix one specific problem. I'll try to
find some nick-flood script and see if it's still possible to really
nick flood with one client... if yes, something should be done.

| because it is user friendly. (for what this argument is
| worth). just remember, one of the major complaint against ND
| was that it was impossible to change nick, and switch back
| to the old nick. (..)

A user shouldn't be scared in any way because he cannot change his nick
two times within 5 seconds... ;-)

Bye, Kasi

--
Kaspar Landsberg, <kl@xxxxxxxxxxx>