Re: Thanks I am Almost There

On Jan 7, scott wrote:
| Greetings and thanks to Karl and Vesa who helped me get the irc server up
| and running.  I used got the ircd compiled using Vesa's suggestions.  I
| then
| was able to use the
|
| ircd    stream  tcp     nowait  root    /etc/ircd ircd -d /etc
|
| command in the inetd.config file.  I am able to start up the irc client
| and login to the server on the unix box.  And I am able to login on a
| remote pc but that's as far as it goes.  The ircd is running but it
| doesn't seem to allow remote clients to access the server.

inetd support is not functional in 2.9.2,
you need to run the server in standalone mode.

`/etc/ircd -d /etc' should be fine.

| Here is some of the lines from my /etc/ircd.conf file.
|
| M:www.scs.jhu.edu:*:SC Studies Mail & Chat::
|
| P::::6667:
|
| Y:2:90:300:10:600000
    ^
class 2

| I:128.220.*::*.jhu.edu::1
                          ^
class 1, which is not defined.

you should try to run chkconf which is included in the
distribution.  It will point out problems with your
configuration file.

Christophe