Re: Disconnection of /list -ing clients?

On Mon, 2 Dec 1996, Christophe Kalt wrote:
> On Dec 2, Juha Suhonen wrote:
> | When he uses the /list -command, he will be shortly delinked. This seems
> | to be a feature of 2.9.2:s, because when tested with few other servers,
[...]
> it might be a client SendQ problem which is defined in the Y
> line corresponding to the I line your client connects, so
[...]

This is definitely not something new. My usual reply to
those that ask is that /list worked when there where some
3-400 channels but not now when there are some 3500+
channels. If you manage to receive the output from /list
on one server but not on another it might just depend on
how lucky you where that specific time.

If a user keeps on whining about this you could fix it by
increasing the SendQ in the Y-line, however in 99% of the
cases the user will whine even more afterwards when he
realize how much data that is being sent (it's fun to be
on a 2400 modem and have a large SendQ).

The way I have been trying to provide this information is
via the WWW. If anyone wishes to take a look at it you will
find it at http://www.ludd.luth.se/irc/list.html where you
can search for channels simular to the way you search on
Alta Vista (however it is restricted to only one
pattern/search). The database is updated once per hour
(usually more then enough) - and all channels with control
characters in the channelname and channels with less then
3 users are dropped.

  Regards,
    .\\agnus Tjernström  (Core@IRC - Admin for irc.ludd.luth.se)