Flood control of clients (part II)

For what reason was /kick <channel> <nick1>,<nick2>,<nick3>,...
introduced? It seems to be way off from the various efforts made
in order to prevent users from causing havoc. I must admit that
it is a nice way of performing a masskick though. I haven't
checked the source, so I'm not sure it beats the penalty system
as well but it certainly "feels" like that. Perhaps someone
could share their knowledge with me?

  Regards,
    .\\agnus Tjernström  (Core@IRC - Admin at irc.ludd.luth.se)

P.S.  When will /kill <nick1>,<nick2>,<nick3>,... be introduced?