2.11.2a1

Hello after a very long time,

I'm glad to present you first alpha release of ircd 2.11.2 serie.

This release is long overdue, especially because it fixes an IPv6
vulnerability (not that easy to catch, but once various conditions
are met, crash at an attacker's will).

Some of you may be happy to hear that there at least is KLINE command
(K-lines are saved to separate file and with no possibility to undo).
There were other fixes as well, like MINLOCALNICKLEN for the bofhs of you
and possibility to X-line on all fields from USER command.

Rehash got two parameters: "d" to reread resolv.conf and "a" to restart
(and reread) iauth.

There's also JP patch integrated in the source, let's hope this will
make JP part of IRCnet adopt new versions faster. ;)

While we've tested it quite carefully, it is not yet ready for
production server, and if you choose to use it anyway, you must
be prepared for requests to upgrade immediately should we find
any critical bugs.

Source can be found at a different than usual place (at least for
a while):

  http://ftp.irc.org/ftp/irc/server/BETA/irc2.11.2a1.tgz

Happy testing!

Btw., if you have problems accessing IRC CVS tree at cvs.irc.org,
please talk to me on IRC.

p.

PS Unfortunately mailing list addresses had to be changed. "cvs.irc.org"
   part in emails addresses is temporary.

--
I code, therefore I break things.