Re: faq / problem

> On 03.02 00:11, Linus wrote:
>> * Connecting to 213.202.228.235 (6667)
>> -
>> Aspetta, stiamo inizializzando la connessione.
>> -
>> Closing Link: [unknown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] (Authentication Timeout)
>> -
>> * [10054] Connection reset by peer
>> -
>> * Disconnected
>>
>> don't know what should be wrong, checked docs and all, tried with or without
>> identd, nothing, the ircd reply always as written above (aspetta, stiamo
>> iniz.. = please wait while we process your connection)

Don't use that many checks. For proxy checking you might try BOPM
(http://www.blitzed.org/bopm) instead of the checking via iauth modules.

If you are using 2.11 ircd, you might want to use the "delayed" keyword in the
iauth.conf file.

> You have probably firewalled socks ansd proxy ports with dropping packets
> to unknown ports, which causes all connections to timeout.

On the client side, you should make sure the firewall sends
a RST for connections to known proxy ports, instead of just denying
the TCP connection.

c'ya,
fiction