Re: about commands

>  I would ask  :
>  - about the difference between channel modes ( s:secret, p: private, k:
> key) are they the same?
>  - Are the commands BAN and KICK exist, I don't find them on the RFCs
> - What is the difference between PART and QUIT.

Secret (+s) is "a bit more" than private (+p) mode.
For example if a channel is +p, you can still
see all the users there who are not invisible (don't have +i usermode set)
from the outside. That is impossible for +s channels.

AFAIR ircd treats +s channels as if they would not exist for queries
from the outside (exception is MODE).

+k is something completely different. It means keyword.
If you are a channel operator you can set a key "key123" with
"MODE channel +k key123". All the people inside of the channel
are able to see that key. And will also notice your mode change.
But those from the outside can't see the key at all.
Those who know it can do "JOIN channel key123" to be able to join
that channel.

KICKS exists in the IRCD sense. BAN however does not. Clients
implement it. You need to do "MODE channel +b nick!user@host".

PART leaves a channel, while QUIT completely disconnects you from IRC.

c'ya,
fiction