Re: coming irc 2.11 alpha

On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 07:03:57PM +0200, Piotr KUCHARSKI wrote:

> Hello,
>
> As we want to finish irc 2.11 asap, I hereby ask you to
> think of any ideas you might want worth putting in it
> and send those ideas by the end of August, which date
> I choose as a feature freeze.

Hi!

A link in it to the ALIS service would be intresting under /contrib
(so people can download some usefull example service).

www.sourceforge.net/projects/aliserv/

Is the official URL (includes the things jv did like support for IPv6).

In fact ALIS was supposed to be added with source under contrib/
(last outstanding thing was adding a flood control) but I think its
better now to keep it as external source.

The package of the ircd is too big anyways (specially cause of the RFC's
under doc/) which can be easily downloaded (and are maintained) elsewhere.

Thomas