Re: Problem with /name command

-> > > Im managing a network of servers running
-> > > irc2.10.p3
-> > >
-> > > When I use /name #channel, I don't see
-> > > anything except when I am inside the channel
-> > >
-> > > Has anyone had this problem ?
-> > > How can I solve it ?
-> >
-> > You probably mean /names. This is expected behaviour. /names #channel
-> > will show you all users on channel if you are on that channel, users
-> > who are not invisible (+i) if you are not on that channel and channel
-> > is not secret, and nothing if you are not on that channel and channel
-> > is secret. You have to respect privacy of users.

-> I agree with you, but I usually chat in a server
-> (irc.terra.es) and there it's allowed to run it
-> without being inside.

you didn't read it carefully enough. IT's allowed everywhere, but you will
see only infos about public (non +s channels) and even you will see only
visible (-i) users.

--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
 Boost your system's speed by 500% - DEL C:\WINDOWS\*.*