Re: Problem with /name command

"Eugene L. Vorokov" wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 02:01:23PM +0200, Juan Francisco Rodriguez Hervella wrote:
> > Hello:
> >
> > Im managing a network of servers running
> > irc2.10.p3
> >
> > When I use /name #channel, I don't see
> > anything except when I am inside the channel
> >
> > Has anyone had this problem ?
> > How can I solve it ?
>
> You probably mean /names. This is expected behaviour. /names #channel
> will show you all users on channel if you are on that channel, users
> who are not invisible (+i) if you are not on that channel and channel
> is not secret, and nothing if you are not on that channel and channel
> is secret. You have to respect privacy of users.

I agree with you, but I usually chat in a server
(irc.terra.es) and there it's allowed to run it
without being inside.

I manage a small set of servers only for testing purposes,
How can I do for changing this behaviour ?
Where should I modify the sources ? It would be difficult to do ?

Thanks again.

--
JFRH.