Re: Two questions

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 08:06:01AM +0200, Piotr Swiecicki wrote:

> KR>First, in a patchlevel we do not add new features, we only fix
> KR>bugs.
>
> Ok, I'll remember this. So continuing the question, are you working on
> version 2.10.4 already? Or maybe 2.11??

We're working on 2.11

> KR>And secondly, it does support services, and it does for ages, but
> KR>I have the feeling you mean different kind of services.  Services
> KR>here can not have any effect on channels, which is probably what
> KR>you want.
>
> No, I thought about services which are something between client and
> server, as mentioned in doc/SERVICES.sgml in ircd sources, not about
> services which are popular over the world.

They do exist, and are being used.  There is one in contrib
called tkserv.  There exist other services like alis, which is a
replacement for /list, noteserv, which allows you to send a note
to an offline client, and other things like that.

If you want to use one, you have to change config.h and #define
USE_SERVICE.

Kurt