Re: Two questions

KR>On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 06:12:14PM +0200, Piotr Swiecicki wrote:
KR>>
KR>> 1. Is somebody working on services support? I don't see any significiant
KR>> differences in this between versions 2.10.3p1 and p2. I'm going to
KR>> implement my own services and wouldn't like to find out, that version
KR>> 2.10.3p3 don't have the services support...
KR>
KR>First, in a patchlevel we do not add new features, we only fix
KR>bugs.

Ok, I'll remember this. So continuing the question, are you working on
version 2.10.4 already? Or maybe 2.11??

KR>And secondly, it does support services, and it does for ages, but
KR>I have the feeling you mean different kind of services.  Services
KR>here can not have any effect on channels, which is probably what
KR>you want.

No, I thought about services which are something between client and
server, as mentioned in doc/SERVICES.sgml in ircd sources, not about
services which are popular over the world.

KR>This happens when select() says something happened on that fd,
KR>which means there is a new client.  When we call accept() it
KR>returns -1, and sets errno to ECONNRESET.  My manpage does not
KR>mention that accept can set that as error, so we can only guess
KR>what happened.
KR>
KR>My guess is that someone tried to connect but disconnected before
KR>we called accept().

Ok, its very helpful, it explains me few things. Thanks you very much!

--
Swiety