Re: Question on IRC version 2.10.3 installation

On Wed, 8 Aug 2001 ahmad.darwish@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>    Hi:
>
>  I had installed IRC version 2.10.3p1 and edited the ircd.conf file and ran
> the chkconf program to see if there is any errors in my ircd.conf
> configuration and it did not give any errors. So when I went to the client
> side I installed trillian to see if I can connect to my IRC server but that
> is the message I get " connection to ns1.iic-ltd.com failed" Of course I am
> trying to connect from port 6667 and that is what I have on my server side
> configuration. Thanks for your input.

Use ps, make sure the server is actually running.
Use netstat -a, make sure the server is listening on ports.

If need be, enable USE_SYSLOG and check the logs.

If you still can't find out the problem, you may need to post your
ircd.conf with sensitive information (server ip's, passwords) removed.