Re: channel.diff

>How is the quit message generated? To my understanding of the IRC
protocol, the >QUIT message is sent once only, without any destination
channel, and it is >therefore up to the IRC client to display it in the
relevant channels.

There is no quit message then :-)
If a user quits just a part is generated for those channels where he
can't speak.

>How is the case when "A" and "B" are on #foo and #baz, where #foo is
moderated, >(and A is not allowed to speak on #foo, but is allowed on
#baz...), when A quits >with a quit message, what does B see?

B sees a part of user A from #foo with no comment and a normal quit
with whatever the comment of the user was.
If B would be just on #foo he would just see a part of user A.
and no quit.

c'ya,
fiction