Re: channel.diff

-----Original Message-----
From: grega@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 18:17:57 +0200
To: ircd-users@xxxxxxx
Subject: channel.diff

> - If a user is not allowed to speak on a channel (banned or moderated
> and he is not voiced/op) he should also not be able to annoy the users
> with his part/quit message. Empty part message is generated in such case.
> IMHO this part is a bit ugly. But works. :-)

How is the quit message generated? To my understanding of the IRC protocol, the QUIT message is sent once only, without any destination channel, and it is therefore up to the IRC client to display it in the relevant channels.

How is the case when "A" and "B" are on #foo and #baz, where #foo is moderated, (and A is not allowed to speak on #foo, but is allowed on #baz...), when A quits with a quit message, what does B see?