Re: Re: userID starting with numeric char

AFAIK, When UniqueID is implemented, leading digits is reserved to server set nicks.  Users are not allowed to select a nick that begins with a number.  Restricting nicks this way, by allowing only servers to set random nick identifiers prevents nick collisions intentionally caused by users duplicating existing nicks across split servers.

Any such server which is hacked to allow users to set nicks beginning with a number which would defeat this nick collide protection would not likely be allowed to link to IRCnet.

UniqueID also provides for more secure routing of private messages so that nick impostors do not intercept messages not intended for them.