Re: Blocking open web proxies

On Sunday, Mar 04 2001 at 00:37:41 +0100, Jakub Vlasek wrote:

> Current iauth doesn't support web proxy scanning. We want to add this
> feature into new version of iauth. Adding this check to current iauth
> would be possible, but very time and resources inefficient.

On our small (5 servers) network we have a hacked iauth running which does
such a check, but it is cumbersome indeed... depending of the kind of
firewalling the users do, there can be a huge delay when connecting to a
server, and I don't know how good the check works in the first place.
If someone wants to have a look at the code, I think I can provide it
(it wasn't me who wrote it, though).

Hanno