Re: new features in 2.11

-> Others provide us with good ideas as well. See what I gathered
-> at http://akson.sgh.waw.pl/~chopin/ircd/WISHLIST -- these are
-> things people dreamed of ;) (sorry I haven't put your nicks along
-> ideas, feel free to send me updates). Of course these are only
-> ideas. Even worse, these are only ideas I thought to be worth
-> thinking over. Read this, however, before sending your improvements
-> ideas :)

Well,
what about

(please Beeth comment first two, I still request them and I dunno if you
ignore it)

- empty default signoff/part/kick comments ? (not to add nickname nor
  anything when client doesn't provide it?)
  - patch already done, http://nextra.irc.sk/download/

- preventing users to send messages to channel they can't talk to using part
  or signoff comments? (/part comment should be wiped off/ignored, when
  signing off, user should be forced to leave all channels he can't talk to)
  - patch was already done by somebody, but I've lost all about it:(((

- irc proxies (little servers connected through compressed, maybe encrypted
  connection, restricted only to connect clients, spare traffic when they
  talk to each other/are on the same channel)

- squid module to iauth (some clients use squid to connect, open squid can
  do harm too)

- time/creator for channels also, even when only for informations
  (can get from TS)

E:-lines to K: can be probably be avoided when using new access control
(isn't Krome working on this?)

detecting trojans can be done with local service probably

rejecting users with lame scripts detto (when the service is able to edit
k-lines config)

detection from abnormal rate in /24 networks detto

--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, sysadmin at NEXTRA, Slovakia; IRCNET admin of *.sk
 uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/ ; http://www.nextra.sk/

---
Odchozí zpráva obsahuje viry.
Verze: 6.0.217 / Virová báze: 102 - datum vydání: 1/12/2000