Re: llong usernames (10 chars)

On Thu 2001-01-11 (13:54), Matus fantomas Uhlar wrote:
> K:host::user:
> I will kline "user" from "host" with ident of type UNIX.
> if they change ident to OTHER, will be the user still k:-lined?

no.  OTHER will lead to a prefix in front of the ident, but then K:
matches the USER given data for OTHER anyway.  read the doc about K:
and k:, the latter always matching the ident.

> (many hosts play with ident types...)

as you don't trust any identd whose admin you don't trust that is no
problem.

--
MfG/best regards, helmut springer

<Apatrix:#eu-opers> Yeah... German servers never split, Vesa is always right
                    and Fusion is God :)