Re: /nick behavior

On Sun, Sep 24, 2000 at 05:44:33PM -0400, irc@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I tried to switch my network to irc2.10.3p1 last night, and it all worked
> out well except for one thing. I got remote /KILL's working, which we
> often use for ghosts and things like that, since our network isn't big
> enough to have any kind of abuse. What I found odd is that when I kill a
> certain nickname, I cannot use that nickname when I do a /NICK. It says
> "Channel/nick temporarily unavailable", which it also says after I try to
> do rejoin a channel to gain ops. Is there any way to patch this up?

The first is know as Nick Delay (ND), the second as Channel Delay (CD).

The ND happens on split, and (remote) kill, wether it's caused by an
oper or collision. It can optionaly be done for any quit. It's to prevent
abuse, by locking out the nick or channel for some time. You can configure
that time in config.h. It's #define DELAYCHASETIMELIMIT, which defaults
to 1800 sec (half an hour). If you really want to disable it, set it to 0.

Maybe you just want it to be activated on split (and then not set it to
0), in which case you have to change the source.

I hope this helps.

Kurt