Re: (Fwd) Re: My first question..

On Fri, Jul 21, 2000 at 09:23:36AM -0500, chcamara@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>  My system is an Sparc Sun with Solaris 7 running on 32 bit.
>  I have installed ircd.10.3 and I know that you don`t give support for
>  this server..
>
>  I thinking seriusly to change to the version you give support (2.9)

Why do you think we don't give support for 2.10? Does it still say 2.9
when you subscribe to this list or what. In that case someone needs to
change that. We consider 2.9 to be obsolete, and suggest you try 2.10.x
instead.

btw: the latest is 2.10.3p1

>  My first problem is that i don't get more than 20 connections for my
>  server??

The number of connections that are allowed is what you specify. First
there is a limit of all open sockets. This is a compile time option in
config.h. Just change the #define of MAXCONNECTIONS to the number you
want.

Secondly, there are limits in your ircd.conf. You can set a limit for the
number users that can use that I-line in your class (Y-line). You should
check that your Y-line allows enough users.

And thirdly, you can also specify a clone limit in your Y-lines. This
means that you can limit the number of people from the same host, or have
the same user@host.

It could be very helpfull if you gave the exact message you got, then we
could say what limit you hit.

>  And the second is y tried to connect to servers but i cuoldn't..
>  The errors were:
>  Ilegal port number or

This means you did /connect server port, where port was not a number. you
probably want to do /connect server 6667 or something.

>  The server bla, bla, bla, is not listed in irc.conf

You need to atleast setup C and N lines before you are able to connect
your server to an other. You probably also want to look at H-lines.

Kurt