Re: Proposal: the 'token' solution - Informal part

Jakob Perz a écrit :

> hi,
>
> On Sat, 19 Feb 2000, Virginie wrote:
>
> > Ok, so now, warclans will packets clients 16 minutes?
> > fix limite at 20 and they'll packets 21 mins, etc etc ..
> > Already experimented with CD "chan delay" fixed to 15mins and now, how
> > many ? 30 minutes ? We all saw that they packets minimum 31 minutes :-)
> > Sorry but I don't think that resolv anything.
>
> A) i prefer clients being smurfed instead of me or my server.
> B) if you have, say, 10 ops in a channel, all from different isps or
> different parts of the world, is it possible to smurf all of them long
> enough?

Hey, wake up man
Never you read lamah site with "xxxx has packeted all ops in #zzz, 45
ops got timeout and xxxx got op by server xyz" ?!?!
Look Koban and ask him how many times they packets him and his server,
and how many time each time ..
(Koban is not alone in this case, many Admin had same pb)
How many time they packeted stealth ? webbernet ? and some other ..
How many servers Wordup's clan packeted? 4 ? 5 ? 8? .. for what ? just 1
Chan ? Brrrr

Stop beer, try coffee.

> i still believe fixing the ircd is not enough, opers need more power to
> help in situations where the system fails.
>
> whisk

Virgo.
*.Fr