Re: Proposal: the 'token' solution - Informal part

Mario 'BitKoenig' Holbe a écrit :

> Hi,

Hi,

[...]
> Another solution to this problem might be an 'on the fly
> channel registry' which allows user to regain his status
> on reconnect after a 'bad' (collision, ping timeout, ...)
> signoff for a short time.
> This solution has the advantage of neither establish a
> structure to own or control channels nor to store really
> persistent data.
>
> We call this solution a 'token' (we're not calling it
> 'Cookie' for obvious reasons). This token will be assigned
> to a client and saves it's state, if it disconnects for some
> unusual reason (everything except QUIT, Oper KILL, ?) and
> lives for a short time (15 minutes?).

Ok, so now, warclans will packets clients 16 minutes?
fix limite at 20 and they'll packets 21 mins, etc etc ..
Already experimented with CD "chan delay" fixed to 15mins and now, how
many ? 30 minutes ? We all saw that they packets minimum 31 minutes :-)
Sorry but I don't think that resolv anything.

> regards,
>    Mario, BitKoenig
> --
> Mario 'BitKoenig' Holbe <Mario.Holbe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> http://WWW.RZ.TU-Ilmenau.DE/~holbe/
>
> User sind wie ideale Gase - sie verteilen sich gleichmaessig ueber alle Platten

Virgo aka Virginie.
*.FR