Re: STARTTLS and ircd

On Tue, Feb 15, 2000 at 09:28:22PM +0100, Thomas Kuiper wrote:
> > > that was the main idea about it :) server<->server doesn't make much sense
> sure, the server is a "client" only too :) but I think sending
> STARTTLS or STLS over the connection might confuses the peer
> (at this time) :)

One could use a 'special' config line - like zip-link does,
but maybe it's time for cleaning up the C:line and append a
new field ... something like 'options' (C(rypt), Z(ip),
W(hatever)).

If I know, the specified uplink supports TLS, I just change
the C:line.

If u have too much time, u could implement a re-negotiation
on active links (if config changes) too, but thats for fun :)

And maybe it might be better to add a general future-friendly
"options negotiation" than implementing special protocol tags
for every new feature.

regards,
--
Mario 'BitKoenig' Holbe <Mario.Holbe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://WWW.RZ.TU-Ilmenau.DE/~holbe/

User sind wie ideale Gase - sie verteilen sich gleichmaessig ueber alle Platten