Re: gac experiment

i don't know whether to laugh or cry.

People have been very mad at me for rejecting gac's ideas and
for trying to convince IRCNet admins to get rid of it.  It
was one of these many cases when people want changes in the
IRC server, and i said "no, this is bad." (and even explained
why).  They didn't believe me, still don't.

Neither i or any other developer have all the answers, but i
guess i still hopelessly wish that people would at least
respect the fact that we've been doing this for years, and
have a good idea of what we're doing (and at least a better
idea than most other people).

gac is just one example of many; people who have never even
looked at the code want impossible changes and blame us for
refusing to implement them as any good slave would.

gac is harmful to the net, admins pretend to run it because
they care for users, but the truth is that running gac is a
very selfish act.